what's happening to sharing sites?

News and information from the filesharing world.

Moderator: 0xA110C

patrickmiami
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP
P2P Clients: MorphXT

what's happening to sharing sites?

Post by patrickmiami » August 8th 2017 - 9:12 pm

Divxplanet is gone, and tehparadox too :dunno: moved somewhere?

Geths
Spectre
Spectre
P2P Clients: eMule

Re: what's happening to sharing sites?

Post by Geths » August 8th 2017 - 9:27 pm

we're still here :whistle:
----------------------------------------
DONT FEED THE SQUIRRELS

dcyel
Le Freak
Le Freak
P2P Clients: eMule ZZUL

Post by dcyel » August 8th 2017 - 9:31 pm

Streaming sites are the culprit my friends.

Even with generating big losses they continue to operate with only one goal: killing all file sharing slowly.

carpe
The Sharing Sith
The Sharing Sith
P2P Clients: eMule (v0.4?)
Location: Take a left at the bathroom, 3 doors down and another left...or was that a right...Is that my Beer?

Post by carpe » August 8th 2017 - 9:48 pm

there simply isnt demand anymore

Master_Blaster
Apparition
Apparition
P2P Clients: eMule

Post by Master_Blaster » August 9th 2017 - 2:58 am

Yep, long live Ed2k !!!

hrmwrm
I'm Banned
I'm Banned
P2P Clients: ZZR

Post by hrmwrm » August 9th 2017 - 7:26 am

they're all disappearing slowly. streaming became cheap and easy to get what you want when you want. services like netflix took a big chunk. and the continuing legal wrangling shut down a few good sites too.
if providers stop ripping, we'd all be out of material.
"Not one man in a thousand has either strength of mind or goodness of heart to be an
atheist. I repeat it. Not one man in a thousand has either strength of mind or goodness of
heart to be an atheist."
--SAMUEL TAYLOR COLERIDGE.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Steven Weinberg

patrickmiami
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP
P2P Clients: MorphXT

Post by patrickmiami » August 9th 2017 - 6:44 pm

i never been a huge fan of tehparadox but for software it was useful (without having to disturb the best and having to post request)... and for Divxplanet was also not bad but i guess the Turkish trouble influenced closing. i know we talk about few month ago but even if a facebook page sound ridiculous at that time, it we be good to keep one in case of problem... Just to keep in touch and get info. what do you think?

dcyel
Le Freak
Le Freak

Post by dcyel » August 9th 2017 - 9:25 pm

A Facebook page has been discussed in past times and even a poll was set up but the result of the poll was against it.

Maybe our supreme poll master carpe could set one up in the near future :wink2:

carpe
The Sharing Sith
The Sharing Sith
Location: Take a left at the bathroom, 3 doors down and another left...or was that a right...Is that my Beer?

Post by carpe » August 9th 2017 - 10:09 pm

no, facebook isnt friendly anymore. We culd have a discussion group there if needed but i dont think itll increase the number of people using ed2k

lost_rider34
Poltergeist
Poltergeist
P2P Clients: eMule (v0.50b) Beta

Post by lost_rider34 » August 10th 2017 - 8:28 pm

Hello, I think Facebook is like a two-gum knife, it may be good but it can bring bad publicity since in some places the forums of ed2k should go as unnoticed as possible.

Another issue is the closure of many homes, in my modest opinion the reason is not, it is not cheap to continue with the open house the increase of users and traffic has to make an investment in the server / VPN foreigner, then the amount of forums Stream and also DLL and Torrents, it causes that persecution to all type of sharing forum is always at risk.

:cheers:

dcyel
Le Freak
Le Freak

Post by dcyel » August 10th 2017 - 9:06 pm

I share lost_rider34 thoughts.

As a ed2k sharing site we should keep ourselves under the radar as much as possible but how to advertise the board if one cannot?

carpe
The Sharing Sith
The Sharing Sith

Post by carpe » August 10th 2017 - 10:41 pm

guys.....no one is being prosecuted any more, the industries have turned to micro payments and the "grey" areas have turned to streaming. Younger people do not even know what ed2k is. We dont even get take down requests anymore..............we are a threat to no one and no one is after us or any other ed2k sites. A few major torrent sites are targets, DDL is a target (pay for play), and the industries are now focusing on actual manufacturers of android boxes etc.
We are about as relevant as a horse and buggy on the highway when it comes to sharing files.

As for facebook.....there are many sharing sites represented including TVU which hosts us. What ever risk Facebook provides we've already been exposed to for many years as if TVU goes down so do we. It was short sighted to avoid facebook when it may have been able to help but het the majority spoke at the time and fear got the best of people. Remember unjust laws dont get changed by bowing down and hiding what your doing....they get changed by public dissent and opinion.

So in short, there is no point in advertising the board as a place to come and get your downloads.......we are irrelevant in that regard. We have absolutely ZERO content on site that cant be found and obtained faster elsewhere, in addition we have almost no active staff to assist people with day to day issues, finally, we have no structure or "expertise" as in we don't even know what we are trying to offer anymore. What makes us stand out from the crowd when there are only 3 people in the street lol?

Our last remaining attraction was our core values of friends and family. How active are the discussion threads these days?

We have already decided to solider on to the end and are of course willing and eager to accept new ideas and plans for the shape the site should take however there has been absolutely no plan put forward by anyone as to how to steer the ship and what direction to take and more importantly there has been no...... void in the community to fill, as in the next generation doesn't even have anything they would like us to do lol. The world has changed. If your old like me i understand its hard to see and let go but if you have kids in thier teens or close its pretty obvious that they fill thier social needs on facebook, instagram, snapchat etc where we used forums, they get their content from apple or google for micro payments ( like we talked about 15 years ago ) or stream on kodi or android boxes. They dont know or care to know how to crack games etc etc.

So, you want to know whats happening to sharing sites? Like everything else they are dying. Not really much more to say and its no ones fault its the nature of the universe.

Return to “FileSharing News”