Video Piracy Rates Drop Sharply, But For How Long?

News and information from the filesharing world.

Moderator: 0xA110C

0xA110C
P2P Clients: aMule

Post by 0xA110C » July 1st 2019 - 12:38 am

Data from a new survey released by Ampere Analysis shows that video piracy rates are dropping in the United States and several European countries. The research firm links the decrease to a wider availability of legal services, but warns that people may revert back to pirate sites, if the legal landscape continues to fragment.
Recent research by piracy research firm MUSO revealed that 80.4% of UK consumers already feel that they’re already paying too much for content streaming. More than half of these said they were likely or very likely to use unlicensed platforms to search for content that’s not available to them.

These people are all willing to pay. However, in order to get everything they want, they are happy to complement their legal viewing with the occasional pirate download or stream.
Source: torrentfreak.com
I don't need your instawebs I'm on IRC. irc.station51.net/phantom

Cyence
Phantom
Phantom
P2P Clients: Mldonkey for Qnap

Re: Video Piracy Rates Drop Sharply, But For How Long?

Post by Cyence » July 1st 2019 - 3:55 pm

In my household we can safely afford one media streaming service per month and maybe an extra for shorter periods of time. Then I watch a couple of pirated shows and movies that either are not available to us here or maybe 2-3 seasons behind on the ones we can get. :whistle:
I believe that if they keep creating new streaming services, more people will not be able to afford that many and some will grow tired of having to jump around on 10+ different services to keep up with their favourite shows and piracy for media will slowly rise again.

0xA110C
P2P Clients: aMule

Re: Video Piracy Rates Drop Sharply, But For How Long?

Post by 0xA110C » July 1st 2019 - 4:24 pm

I agree. I think the solution could be to have a national organisation that collects payments for each time a video or music track is played and the platforms compete on price and service.

Personally I want the media that I pay for on physical media and I don't watch much TV apart from local news, but the people I know share their accounts.
I don't need your instawebs I'm on IRC. irc.station51.net/phantom

Return to “FileSharing News”