E-mule Issue port forwarding/No valid servers Plz HELP!!!

For General eDonkey/eMule and eD2k Network Support and Discussion. Also including Client Updates and Modifications.

Moderators: ^Rogue^, Admins

farrer9
Arcade Champion
Arcade Champion

E-mule Issue port forwarding/No valid servers Plz HELP!!!

Post by farrer9 » October 6th 2013 - 1:50 am

Hi guys a couple of days ago my internet went down and i had no connection after it was fixed my e-mule seems to have stopped working.
Its been fine for over 3 years now with no issues but this has happend before and i made a post in this section i have followed all the advice from last time and still nothing.

INFO

Router - Netgear DG834N
ISP - AOL (i know before u say its always aol with these issues :whistle: )
eMule - v0.49b
New Static IP - 192.168.0.10

The Issue -
Ok so i start eMule up it loads fine but when i try to connect it comes up with UPnP failed to setup port forwardings, please foward those ports manually if necessary! and then No valid servers to connect in server list found

so i went ahead and made my static Ip which is 192.168.0.10 and forwared all the ports as i have before i have also added a new list of servers as u can see i have 158 lol i only used to use 3 this will change when i get it back up and running again

here is a screenshot of my eMule connections which haven't changed in over 3 years. I did try and change the TCP UDP ports to a differnt number but this made no differnce :-(

After some time of messing abaout i have managed to get the TCP port up and running but the UDP is still a no go and im sure ive set the ports right in my Router also UpNp is up and running on eMule and router. The result of the port test is below

Anyone who could put some light on what im doing wrong or missing that would be grand Thx farrer9 :jrc:

P.s Keep it simple im not bill gates :lol1: :lol1:

hrmwrm

Re: E-mule Issue port forwarding/No valid servers Plz HELP!!

Post by hrmwrm » October 6th 2013 - 7:03 am

well, first off, get a newer eMule client. the number has jumped a few in the last 3 years.
second, delete all your servers and get a valid server list from here.
http://www.gruk.org/list.php
the new eMule will be set proper to stop adding fake servers, of which there are alot.
then we'll find out from there.
also, go to the options/servers tab, and uncheck connect to static only. or, in the server window, set a few to static.

farrer9
Arcade Champion
Arcade Champion

Post by farrer9 » October 12th 2013 - 1:57 pm

Thx for the reply Hrmwrm so i reset my computer to an early time to see if that solved the issue but still no joy i also installed eMule v.50a but that dident work.
I was going to give up when i tryed to reinstall it again and ran the port test same thing but this time when i tryed to connect it picked it up. I know the port test isent 100% so i guess it must have been my server list that messed things up?
Anyways thx for the help :sparta:

hrmwrm

Post by hrmwrm » October 12th 2013 - 10:42 pm

so i guess it must have been my server list that messed things up?
could be. but if you have servers, and have none set to static, and the option "connect to static only" is checked, it will say there are no valid servers. (even with as many as you had)
but, it's working now anyways.
older mules had the option to add servers from other mules, so pretty soon you get a long list, most of which are fake or useless servers.
also, if you have connection problems and your server list is deleted, then go back to gruk to update.

Return to “eD2k Support and Discussion”