wins ip filter: In Memory of Lord_Anubis

For General eDonkey/eMule and eD2k Network Support and Discussion. Also including Client Updates and Modifications.

Moderators: ^Rogue^, Admins

hrmwrm

Re: wins ip filter: In Memory of Lord_Anubis

Post by hrmwrm » August 15th 2015 - 3:34 am

that'll be just fine. thanks.

Rand0M
Spectre
Spectre

Post by Rand0M » August 15th 2015 - 10:14 am

Truebluerover wrote:I'm having trouble connecting to Bluetack today.
I'll try again early Saturday morning but I'll be busy the rest of the day so it may be Sunday before I manage to get the files.
Thank you for letting us know and thank you for the continued updates. :cheers: :buds:
Wins, -MaDMAn- and Truebluerover: Thank you for the ip filters.

Global warming is a lie.

Scientology is a cult.

Truebluerover
Spectre
Spectre

Post by Truebluerover » August 17th 2015 - 5:33 pm

Bluetack is still down.
I'll keep checking daily.

Will-I-Am
Phantom
Phantom
P2P Clients: eMule & uTorrent

Post by Will-I-Am » August 17th 2015 - 7:06 pm

Bluetack wrote:In loving memory of Mike Tozzano
Posted By:  Moore @ Jul 7 2015, 07:55 PM
Dear friends,

It breaks my heart to bring you news about the passing of our much loved administrator Mike Tozzano.

For over 10 years Tozzano has been my best friend, and part of our family. He is the most caring and dedicated person I've ever known.

Everything we've accomplished would not have been possible without Tozz, and I don't know how we will survive without him.

What I do know is that Tozz will always be with us in our hearts and it will be impossible to ever forget him.
Bluetack wrote:When the musics over
Posted By:  Moore @ Jul 27 2015, 06:55 PM

Dear all,

With the death of Tozzano, our premium subscription system is finished. Tozz is the PayPal account holder and I do not have access.
For all Premium subscribers who have an recurring subscription, please accept my sincere apologies.
Recurring subscriptions will continue to be charged indefinitely. You will need to cancel your BISS Premium subscription from your PayPal account

I'm sorry, but PayPal will not give anyone else access to the account, and they won't close it either without a whole lot of information I will never be able to get.
Without access to the PayPal funds, I will not be able to maintain the payments for the server, nor will I be able to keep the site running on my own without Tozz.

I don't have the resources to fight a legal battle with PayPal to prove that Tozz has died, so I can't close the account either. I can't find anyone from Tozz's family to help.

The PayPal requirements for closing an account are difficult if you aren't a direct relative :
https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/helpc ... OUNT&m=TCI

We tried to get a death certificate online and got scammed $25 instead. It's very difficult when you live in another country to cope with a situation like this.

-

Tozz has been our heart, soul and backbone for many years. He was the one who kept us going all these years when no one else could. I always looked to him for help and advice and he never once let me down.

Tozz was our senior systems administrator, SQL DB admin, PHP programmer, Blocklist Manager developer and my closest friend. It's hard for me to find a file on the server that doesn't have a helpful or funny comment somewhere from Tozz in it. I miss him.

We were working towards setting up an LLC for BlockList Pro, launching a new site and new projects to replace our old stuff.

I'm sorry for the situation that we are now in, I wasn't prepared for something like this to happen.
I'll do my best to keep the site running as long as possible for all current subscribers, but at some point soon the site / server will be closed down.

I would like to thank everyone for your support, we couldn't have done all this without you.

hrmwrm

Post by hrmwrm » August 17th 2015 - 9:13 pm

Truebluerover wrote:Bluetack is still down.
I'll keep checking daily.
from what will posted, seems that would be an effort in futility.
have to see if someone got the database to put on a new site or not.
guess it's what happens when one man is in control of all with no contingency plans.
have to wait to see what happens to biss site first i guess.

deadbodyman
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP

Post by deadbodyman » August 17th 2015 - 10:43 pm

Wow, this is sad news.

Truebluerover
Spectre
Spectre

Post by Truebluerover » August 19th 2015 - 6:08 pm

Yes, sad news.
Obviously with Bluetack now offline alternative sources need to be found in order to keep your security as up to date as possible.
Without blocklist files from Bluetack all I can suggest at the moment is to source an updated filter from elsewhere.
This may be an option for now...

http://www.eMule-security.org/index.php

I have noticed, however that this filter is compiled using the level 1 blocklist from Bluetack so I don't see how it can be up to date.

It would be fantastic if the good work Bluetack did could continue without Tozz but seeing as he was responsible for so much of the work this seems unlikely at present.

hrmwrm

Post by hrmwrm » August 19th 2015 - 9:24 pm

same level one list from the week before.
other lists are said to be new(fake server/bogon)
hopefully things get worked out and someone gets the site up again.
till then, it's not likely the eMule security one will be up to date either.

guess, til we hear more, thanks tbr for all you've done over the years, and i hope this isn't the end of the line for filters.
I'm sure the work could continue without tozz, but he unfortunately left no one else with the info necessary to carry on the site.
too bad the demise of a place comes too easily sometimes.

Boris447
Spectre
Spectre
P2P Clients: eMule (v0.50)

Post by Boris447 » August 29th 2015 - 4:05 am

Ditto -
Thanks Bluey for all your efforts over the years - greatly appreciated

A lesson for all with this news :(
B
:pirate:
Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future!
Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless!

hrmwrm

Post by hrmwrm » August 29th 2015 - 5:35 am

eMule security isn't updating anymore apparently. they were every sunday until this last sunday.

Rand0M
Spectre
Spectre

Post by Rand0M » September 14th 2015 - 8:36 am

trueblue, thank you for your efforts over the years. they were very much appreciated. :cheers: :buds:
Wins, -MaDMAn- and Truebluerover: Thank you for the ip filters.

Global warming is a lie.

Scientology is a cult.

Geths
Spectre
Spectre
P2P Clients: eMule

Post by Geths » December 15th 2015 - 4:01 am

thx trueblue for all your efforts. :cheers:

Anyone got an alternative solution?
----------------------------------------
DONT FEED THE SQUIRRELS