The Low ID Support Thread

For General eDonkey/eMule and eD2k Network Support and Discussion. Also including Client Updates and Modifications.

Moderators: ^Rogue^, Admins

Sons_Of_Liberty
Menace II Society
Menace II Society
Location: In a long, prolonged, derangement of the senses in order to obtain the unknown

Post by Sons_Of_Liberty » October 12th 2007 - 7:42 am

Have you tried here yet?

http://www.portforward.com

They have alot of routers there :)
When the legends die, the dreams end; there is no more greatness.
When will the world learn that a million men are of no importance compared with one man?

lizard
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP
P2P Clients: Torrent & DDL

Post by lizard » October 13th 2007 - 3:41 pm

yes I have
I Know What Boys Like!

Buzzholmes
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP

Post by Buzzholmes » October 13th 2007 - 3:46 pm

if the router is under warentee make up an excuse and take it back. if you buy a router listed on portforward i should be able to walk you through it. the router i am most fimiluar with is linksys. Other then this maybe the manufacture can help you. but i doubt it cause i talked to that company once before and there techs were really really dumb.
THANKS BAF

dukster64
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP

Post by dukster64 » October 13th 2007 - 4:24 pm

hold on... there's something I don't understand here

Why are you using BOTH the belkin & the alcatel speedtouch ?
Seems that the speedtouch 510 is a modem/routeur, so it looks to me that you're basically using 2 routeurs at once :?

Also, port-forwarding isn't all that complex... judging from the screenshot you posted, you just need to take a look in the NAPT menu.
Post a screenie of that menu & I'll try to walk you through the steps necessary to open the ports for your eMule config.

Buzzholmes
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP

Post by Buzzholmes » October 13th 2007 - 4:26 pm

thnks plz walk him through a static ip as well if you get the prts forwarded. or i maybe i can help him with static ip on msn.
THANKS BAF

BlackKnight7365
Spectre
Spectre

Re: The Low ID Support Thread

Post by BlackKnight7365 » April 22nd 2008 - 10:51 am

Heya all thanks for the enlightenment , even though I didnt ask for help *YET* just reading the post got my eMule up and running at high on both without static . Last time took about 8 hours and lots of cursing. My router isnt supported on the pf either . So Thanks for the info .

JRogue
Phantom
Phantom

Post by JRogue » July 23rd 2008 - 8:48 am

Alright here's some really messed up nonsense for you guru's out there!!! I help with releases every now and again and do allot for spreading files on Ed3K but for some reason when I went to check things out on eMule this evening all of a sudden I can't connect to any servers for one the servers list is really small for another and last but not least it's not allowing me to connect to the servers because it's saying I have a low id!!!!! WTF!!! HOW? If all i do is share and DL new files every so often and have had no problems with this ever even when I first started with eMule I never had a low id problem I've always had more than enough files on share and DL'ing. No, I'm not using a router and no this has never happened before and I've been online all evening so I would have known if I had lost connection so I'm lost right now any help would greatly be appreciated so Thank You in advance for any help regarding this issue. :-( :ranty: :dunno:

Buzzholmes
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP

Post by Buzzholmes » July 23rd 2008 - 9:01 am

power everything down and UNPLUG modem and computer at least 10 min.

c/p this in dl server url in eMule and update your servers:

http://peerates.net/servers.php
http://www.gruk.org/server.met

let me know if you need SS

then go in options and click on servers. change the number there from 1 to 10

let me know if you need SS
THANKS BAF

dukster64
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP

Post by dukster64 » July 23rd 2008 - 12:08 pm

go to options, connection & check how you're setup... hit the test ports button to check if the ports you're using are open ( but be aware that this test isn't entirely reliable )
Consider changing the ports used if the test isn't successfull

Also, check your firewall settings if you use one ( windows firewall too - make sure that's turned off ) - that could be the cause of your lowID issue

Buzzholmes
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP

Post by Buzzholmes » July 23rd 2008 - 1:28 pm

ports, he'snot using a router

likely a clitch in modem, even computer
THANKS BAF

carpe
The Sharing Sith
The Sharing Sith
P2P Clients: eMule (v0.4?)
Location: Take a left at the bathroom, 3 doors down and another left...or was that a right...Is that my Beer?

Post by carpe » July 23rd 2008 - 1:41 pm

it's happened to me and was usually either the udp or tcp ports. Try going into options and changing them or setting them to 'random ports' then testing as duk said :lipstick:

Buzzholmes
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP

Post by Buzzholmes » July 23rd 2008 - 1:52 pm

could try protocol obsifucution too. most modems dont require you to do anything with ports. i've only ever owned 2 that did. i would uplug it first for 10 min. and reload the server list. if that dont work then try the ports. if it's a clitch working on the ports might not do anything until it's unpluged for a bit witch can fix stupid clitches. And for me closed ports has zero affect on my uploading in eMule. closed ports will only slow down my downloading.
THANKS BAF

Return to “eD2k Support and Discussion”