Should Phantom stay on facebook?

A place to relax. General discussions go here.

Should Phantomp2p stay on facebook?

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes: 71

KeeZman
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP

Re: Should Phantom stay on facebook?

Post by KeeZman » May 21st 2010 - 3:19 am

and why no torrent on the site since it won in the poll with 71 votes against 57?

Supernatural

"The Angels caught a demon and are torturing him, to extract information! Holy crap! Jack Bauer with wings!"

carpe
The Sharing Sith
The Sharing Sith
P2P Clients: eMule (v0.4?)
Location: Take a left at the bathroom, 3 doors down and another left...or was that a right...Is that my Beer?

Post by carpe » May 21st 2010 - 3:22 am

fro another convo:
carpe wrote: by the way I'm PROUD of this site and the filesharing it contributes to.....I'm not hiding from any organization or any real life friends on facebook and feel that being an admin takes that sort of commitment. The more the word gets out about filesharing and the more people stand up for there right to share the SAFER we all are. if everyone continues to act like this is the worst crime in existence and is embarrassed to be associated with the site the laws are never going to change. I dont do this for the rush of being a hunted criminal i do it because i BELIEVE in it and what it represents.
there's my views, how everyone chooses to react weather were on facebook or not will not change my personal opinion.

i havent had the pleasure of working with all the danes but i haved worked with many of you over the years and i hope everyone agrees that I'm fair and generally concerned with the well being of every member of the site. it's a bitch trying to please everyone and it's not possible half the time but i do believe in phantom and have invested alot of time and energy here. Something needs to be done to increase activity and take this board to the next level. I know our founder Xin fully supported the facebook idea and even had plans to expand it, lol i had to ask him to ease into it slowly. this poll and discussion leaves us with more questions than answers but one way or another phantom will have to evolve or its going to die outright.

:sparta:

:puffpass:

*edit
sorry kez, you got in there as i was typing. I suppose we'll look into the torrent thing again although i dont know if its possible with our current host. problem was, that idea was met with serious resistance by some and many threatened to leave the site then to

psycopathx
Metal-Head Of Music
Metal-Head Of Music
P2P Clients: eMule ZZUL .49c

Post by psycopathx » May 21st 2010 - 3:26 am

although you are right keez (poll is in the headlines section) "torrents"+"both" does beat "none" however there are problems with torrents...ddl is easier and cheaper

Pg9
"Beloved of Zeus, and Keeper of the Holy Links
P2P Clients: eMule

Post by Pg9 » May 21st 2010 - 3:31 am

I voted YES. :moon:

Iffen ya ain't got the nads, don't release. I've been doing it since WAY before phantom was phantom, on boards LONG SINCE taken down, and they still ain't come knockin on my door. :old:
They ALREADY know about Danevang, they already know who posts releases, they already know pretty much every thing that they want to know except for what they can only get through a court-ordered Db turn over. :roll:
So a little indirect link makes ABSOLUTELY no difference in personal safety or security. :doh:

And seeing as "alternative methods" is being slightly re-hashed, rather than ruin a perfectly good eD2k forum, why don't you make another sister site that allows what ever else there is? :dunno:

Personally, I'm for home delivery of pre-burned DVDr's. :yes:

No charge, of course. :wink2:
Maybe I'll tip the delivery person. :dunno:
Boycott the Boycotters!!!

KeeZman
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP

Post by KeeZman » May 21st 2010 - 3:35 am

carpe wrote:

*edit
sorry kez, you got in there as i was typing. I suppose we'll look into the torrent thing again although i dont know if its possible with our current host. problem was, that idea was met with serious resistance by some and many threatened to leave the site then to
where can i read about this resistance course i dont see it in the poll thread? or maybe its in the staff section?

and yeah psycho i know its a bitch to make a torrent section and takes long time.

Supernatural

"The Angels caught a demon and are torturing him, to extract information! Holy crap! Jack Bauer with wings!"

carpe
The Sharing Sith
The Sharing Sith
P2P Clients: eMule (v0.4?)
Location: Take a left at the bathroom, 3 doors down and another left...or was that a right...Is that my Beer?

Post by carpe » May 21st 2010 - 3:55 am

:bravo: Pg9 :laugh: i love it when we see eye to eye :laugh: :old:

KeeZman
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP

Post by KeeZman » May 21st 2010 - 4:33 am

i have a little suggestion:

maybe its time for a name change to phantom(something else than p2p) or a whole new name, so the ppl from the outside dont think its only for the filesharing ppl, since this site has alot of other things to offer.

how about that? :hippy:

ok nouf said im going to sleep now looool :sleep:

Supernatural

athealan
All Star
All Star

Post by athealan » May 21st 2010 - 10:42 am

So many valid points and more to the point we got interest going on the site. I think the Admins should meet and form a plan on what way phantom is going. BALLS to a vote, go for it make changes, if not I fear it may well be too late.

Kael
Elite Supremo Member
Elite Supremo Member

Post by Kael » May 21st 2010 - 10:51 am

Pg wrote:Maybe I'll tip the delivery person.
You strike me as a bad tipper though... :lipstick:

Pg9
P2P Clients: eMule

Post by Pg9 » May 21st 2010 - 12:43 pm

:whistle: :embarrased:

:laugh: :wink2:

Actually, I'm pretty decent at it. :moon:
Usually just the standard 15%, but often go more when the situation calls for it.
It being an important part of my income keeps me conscious of it towards others. :thumbup2:
Boycott the Boycotters!!!

Asimov Tesla 81
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP
P2P Clients: eMule 0.50a - Xtreme 8.0

Post by Asimov Tesla 81 » May 21st 2010 - 2:46 pm

I voted no on the first poll as I've never been a fan of face-ache, however, I've voted yes on this poll as I think it could be a good thing to help the community grow. As Duks has mentioned TVU has been rocking facebook and twitter for some time and they've not been shut down by the authorities. I don't believe that having phantom on facebook will bring extra heat on us, the authorities alreadly know about us and every other ed2k indexing site out there, If they had the power to take action against us they would have done so a long time ago. I'll never use facebook but think it could be a fantastic tool to bring in new members and strenghten the community. Phantom is as current as Sharevirus (the TV section is currently more up to date than Sharevirus) but our numbers seem a lot less which is a real shame.

Even though I don't use social-networking sites and never will I'm happy to support the facebook idea.
Thanks to dukster64 for my rockin' sig & av!!!

dukster64
The Sexy Vanilla Beast
The Sexy Vanilla Beast

Post by dukster64 » May 21st 2010 - 3:55 pm

nicely said :thumbup2:

Return to “The Tavern”