The Saga Of Mr Noodles

A place to relax. General discussions go here.
moeke
Awesomely Animated
Awesomely Animated

Re: The Saga Of Mr Noodles

Post by moeke » July 6th 2016 - 9:35 am

still it is a nice picture of those 3

hrmwrm

Post by hrmwrm » July 12th 2016 - 8:29 am

thanks moeke.
well, i knew there was something. cure his ptsd, now he's adhd. :lol1:
vet said about 2 years old, but i think closer to 1 year old. he's still a kitten who's just really active. stereo typical crazy cat. he's hilarious sometimes.
even angel has, today especially, no longer been bothered by him. so he's completely a part of the family now.

he likes to do this thing cats do with their front paws, where they grab around your wrist, kick their hind feet against your hand, and bite abovee your wrist.
we are teaching him to use other things when hee starts this, like tennis balls, foam balls, tucked socks, etc, but the other night was just too funny.
my wife was in her chair sitting back, so her feet were up a bit. (it's a rocker) and he walked by, half stood up, and proceeded to do above mentioned tactic to her foot and ankle. just out of the blue.
and then upon her attempting to stop him, he jumped after the other one. so she gently pushed him off (he's careful with his nails and teeth, but they're still pointy) when he jumped up again. :lol1: i just burst out laughing and went over to divert his play attention.
(reminded me of that old foghorn leghorn cartoon with that weasel gnawing on his leg) :lol1:

i let him play with me like that sometimes, but i have heavier skin and a little less sensitivity to needle points. :-)
i should do more to probably disuade him. maybe when he gets a little older. :-) :hippy:

hrmwrm

Post by hrmwrm » July 27th 2016 - 7:46 am

he's now fully upstairs for the past while, as my daughter went to visit friends so she doesn't stay with him at night.
we decided to leave our bedroom door open overnight, in case of trouble. animals made their way in and out through the night, but no troubles.
i started with angel sleeping next to me, and through the night i woke to find mr noodles sleeping between me and my wife.

he's just such a hilarious little ball of energy.
he plays upstairs now too. rips after his laser pointer which gets cutie and fluffy going sometimes too.
when he was getting used to playing upstairs, he would do it in the kitchen at first. he'd rip after the laser, but only go so far.he wouldn't run into the living room.
couple nights ago he started chasing it in the living room and now he chases it as far as the kitchen edge, and no farther. :lol1:
the floor goes from carpet to lino and now he won't cross the carpet edge when chasing it. :lol1:
here he found a brief moment on the couch. he decided to crawl up beside cutie. he's still searching for his own niche place.
yes, all my other cats are fluffy assed cats. he's the only short hair.

and his first niche at the top of the stairs. it's where he always went to when he first started coming upstairs and where he still lays down sometimes.

moeke
Awesomely Animated
Awesomely Animated

Post by moeke » July 27th 2016 - 9:43 am

good to hear he found his way in and looks likes he is very happy now , you done well to adopt him :-)

hrmwrm

Post by hrmwrm » July 27th 2016 - 10:21 pm

you done well to adopt him
yeah, people say one's born every minute. :lol1:
seriously, i have no regrets for it. i didn't have much time to befriend him well before he needed medical attention, but his demeanor to me felt like he was looking for somewhere to belong.
only thing i would of changed if i could, was to know him better before the vets. it would of been nicer if that wasn't so traumatic, but there was little choice before he may have become earless. i've seen pictures of cats who have scratched their ears off.

but, yes, you are right. he is very happy now. he fits domestication pretty good. :hippy:
a few quirks, as he gets aggressive on occasion. we have to stop him, as he wants to attack, not play. but this isn't often.
fluffy gets going and plays with him a little.
but mostly he's just a ball of energy running around after toys or laser. with a nap or 2 between. he sleeps only 11-12 hours a day. cats normally sleep 15-16.
12 might be pushing it too, as he's up most of the day, and is up off/on through the night. told you he's adhd. :lol1:
he'll have a nice happy life now. :buds:

hrmwrm

Post by hrmwrm » August 1st 2016 - 9:00 pm

just a couple pictures. one with him standing at the scratcher, and the line of death that he won't cross over chasing a laser on the floor.
he will not cross onto the lino from here unless someone like me or my wife are in the kitchen. send the laser across this point onto the lino, and he stops :lol1:
well, until the laser comes back onto the carpet.
and a picture of him trying to kill the big daddy monster. :lol1:
i don't get any marks from him now, as he bites only my fingers, which fit without pressure. i got a few teeth marks when he tried to fit my wrist or forearm in his mouth. i think he knows this too, as lately he has been going after my fimgers.
(has a bit of a look of one of the "bad gremilin" in him here) :lol1:

nothing real special about him but his personality. :buds: (i wouldn't give him up)
he's falling more into our schedule, and napping a few times through the day now too.
and he's starting to find his own places in the house. he mostly was using the other cats when they weren't there.
he's added a fair bit of entertainment and joy in my life as of late too.
he's just an hilarious little critter to have around, and is so good as well.

he loves chewing stuff, so he has a bunch of foam/tennis balls, toilet paper rolls, and fake mice.
i put a carboard box down and he took to it and started chewing the sides down. (ripping and tearing might be more appropriate than chewing) :lol1:
i think that's what most owners don't prepare for with baby pets, is what happens naturally as they teeth and practice hunt.

you have to give them the things they want so as not to wreck good things.
like cats need something to bite, claw, chew, and climb.
mr noodles has been very good at fast learning what's allowed. most he picked up right away himself. :happy:
he's turned out to be a very smart and sweet kitty.
it's been a happy experience for everybody involved. :hippy:

hrmwrm

Post by hrmwrm » August 3rd 2016 - 9:20 am

and to put a finale on it. i used to have one i called trio. now here's the quartet.
cutie, mr noodles, fluffy, and angel. yeah, i know. cuties' a little chunky. :laugh:

moeke
Awesomely Animated
Awesomely Animated

Post by moeke » August 3rd 2016 - 10:06 am

like a fairy tail hope they live long and happy together :laugh:

0xA110C
P2P Clients: aMule
Location: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.station51.net/phantom

Post by 0xA110C » August 5th 2016 - 5:10 am

What do you have out there that's so interesting? If I were there I'd look out the window too! ;)
Join the IRC Chat (click here) (thread for details).

hrmwrm

Post by hrmwrm » August 5th 2016 - 5:36 pm

i have a large tree out there and my wife lures birds for the cats. i mean she feeds the birds to be nice. :lol1: so they watch out for whats happening.
mostly it's just air they like. getting fresh air, new smells from outside. they keep demanding it open. so we open it when weather permits.
and it gives them something different to do in the house. when it's available.
it's usually closed for about 1/2 the year here. guess for them it makes the house a little less small, as compared to outside.
even when closed they still sit there and stare out.

we get occasional squirrels feeding here too. that really gets their attention. fluffy has come home with a couple over the years.
without the bird feeder, they probably wouldn't be here either. :lol1:
like i said, my wife unintentionally lures them here. she's trying to be nice to the birds, but it's an easy pick for cats here. :hippy:

0xA110C
P2P Clients: aMule
Location: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.station51.net/phantom

Post by 0xA110C » August 5th 2016 - 8:21 pm

hrmwrm wrote:i have a large tree out there and my wife lures birds for the cats. i mean she feeds the birds to be nice. :lol1: so they watch out for whats happening.
That's nature's order. Keeps the birds sharp and alert ;)
Join the IRC Chat (click here) (thread for details).

hrmwrm

Post by hrmwrm » August 5th 2016 - 9:33 pm

you especially hear the squirrels when the cats are at the door. they just chatter up a storm.

Return to “The Tavern”