Should Phantomp2p be/stay on facebook? V2

A place to relax. General discussions go here.

Should Phantomp2p stay on facebook? V2

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 11

carpe
The Sharing Sith
The Sharing Sith
P2P Clients: eMule (v0.4?)
Location: Take a left at the bathroom, 3 doors down and another left...or was that a right...Is that my Beer?

Re: Should Phantomp2p be/stay on facebook? V2

Post by carpe » January 20th 2016 - 12:04 am

why biased? think i have some hidden agenda? I poured years of my life into phantom. think i want to see it end? I'm just saying it like it is buddy. every year we lose more and more of our base and there is less and less activity. Sad but true :dunno:

dcyel
Le Freak
Le Freak
P2P Clients: eMule ZZUL

Post by dcyel » January 20th 2016 - 12:24 am

And I did the same and am still doing and believe things will turn around as the "new business model" will be revealed as a temporary sham.

Just look at the current worldwide economic status . Every politician and economist is telling everything is alright while nothing moves and world trade is at a all low, even worse than in 2008. Expect a huge stock crash next February m8.

carpe
The Sharing Sith
The Sharing Sith
Location: Take a left at the bathroom, 3 doors down and another left...or was that a right...Is that my Beer?

Post by carpe » January 21st 2016 - 12:05 am

All the power to you if you can turn it around m8, let me apologize for being so negative, i know it doesn't help anything.

dcyel
Le Freak
Le Freak
P2P Clients: eMule ZZUL

Post by dcyel » January 21st 2016 - 12:16 am

Apologies accepted as far as they would have been necessary coming from you who indeed dedicated so much time to Phantom.

Things stand as they are and can only change if we stick together. Im still convinced that times will become more favorable.

moeke
Awesomely Animated
Awesomely Animated

Post by moeke » January 21st 2016 - 12:19 am

using eMule a lot for my series and always have about 20 people downloading from me for anime so don't think its end populair serie have 50+ downloads , means a lot of people still using eMule

Pg9
"Beloved of Zeus, and Keeper of the Holy Links
"Beloved of Zeus, and Keeper of the Holy Links
P2P Clients: eMule

Post by Pg9 » January 21st 2016 - 6:02 am

carpe wrote:why biased? think i have some hidden agenda? I poured years of my life into phantom. think i want to see it end? I'm just saying it like it is buddy. every year we lose more and more of our base and there is less and less activity. Sad but true :dunno:
You're not wrong, but "dying" is prolly going to far. Look at all the other "past" sharing models that are actually still hanging on, just at greatly reduced numbers. Ed2k is no different in that respect, and you could expect it to last at least a few more years, probably at roughly the size it it now, say around 1/4 million.
And it's held on to more of it's user base than the Ares or Gnutella has, I'm pretty sure.
And who knows, maybe it will make a resurgence, though I doubt that it will ever top 18 million again.
I know I still promote it to people that I run into. At least one of them in the last year is still eMuling. :cheers:
Besides, it's still the best for old stuff, ya just need more patience than you used to. :dunno:
Boycott the Boycotters!!!

Misterscruff
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP

Post by Misterscruff » January 21st 2016 - 1:55 pm

Would hate it to go for me it would be an end of an era, I'm probably just living in the past and hoping for better day's for the site. Have to admit havent use the mule for a long time now, I can access whatever I want by other mean's. I have visited many a time only for no one to be here so why stop here, but surely if no staff are here or are not seen openely like in chat people wont bother to stay surely ? If people want it to stay alive they need to make the effort, at the end of the end its not my choice I dont pay the bills.

carpe
The Sharing Sith
The Sharing Sith

Post by carpe » January 21st 2016 - 5:21 pm

Hi Guys :wave2: nice to see you :wave2:

I agree, I'm just not sure what can be done to rejuvenate. for me its always been more about the community than the files so its just depressing when you notice how far its fallen.

:hippy:

XNeill
Apparition
Apparition
P2P Clients: eMule

Post by XNeill » January 23rd 2016 - 4:27 pm

Yea, activity definatly appears to be lower than it used to
But personally, I mainly only ever use this site, and besides PirateBay (which I use more as a last resort, and through proxies/tor/etc), I don't really know of the other alternatives
But then I've been using eMule for well over a decade, and you know what they say about old dogs and new tricks

Perhaps it's just abit naughty of me, that I rarely actually comment on things

Edit: Oh, and just to make me sound alot older than I actually am, most people these days are just to impatient, if they haven't got what they are downloading within minutes, they don't consider it good enough
And 99% of the files on ED2k do require patience lol

Return to “The Tavern”