IMPORTANT ! Site update

The latest site announcements and the 'law' of the forum.

Moderators: Development Team, Admins

carpe
The Sharing Sith
The Sharing Sith
P2P Clients: eMule (v0.4?)
Location: Take a left at the bathroom, 3 doors down and another left...or was that a right...Is that my Beer?

Re: IMPORTANT ! Site update

Post by carpe » April 26th 2017 - 4:41 pm

I updated the welcome message on the portal.

hrmwrm
Discussion Mod
Discussion Mod
P2P Clients: ZZR

Post by hrmwrm » May 22nd 2017 - 5:24 am

what's with the short logout time. if your not here in about 24hrs or more, auto login no longer works. couldn't be set for maybe 3 or 4 days, or week.
24hrs is pretty short.and annoying.
"Not one man in a thousand has either strength of mind or goodness of heart to be an
atheist. I repeat it. Not one man in a thousand has either strength of mind or goodness of
heart to be an atheist."
--SAMUEL TAYLOR COLERIDGE.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Steven Weinberg

carpe
The Sharing Sith
The Sharing Sith
Location: Take a left at the bathroom, 3 doors down and another left...or was that a right...Is that my Beer?

Post by carpe » May 23rd 2017 - 7:28 pm

meh

hrmwrm
Discussion Mod
Discussion Mod

Post by hrmwrm » May 25th 2017 - 7:59 am

then remove me as moderator. that's just fuckin ridiculous.
"Not one man in a thousand has either strength of mind or goodness of heart to be an
atheist. I repeat it. Not one man in a thousand has either strength of mind or goodness of
heart to be an atheist."

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Steven Weinberg

drcoolmor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
P2P Clients: eMule
Azureus

Post by drcoolmor » May 25th 2017 - 3:57 pm

hrmwrm wrote:
May 22nd 2017 - 5:24 am
what's with the short logout time. if your not here in about 24hrs or more, auto login no longer works. couldn't be set for maybe 3 or 4 days, or week.
24hrs is pretty short.and annoying.
auto logins are not safe, never use them. Are u paranoid not to use a password saver that will fill in the sites login that is encrypted :hmm:

hrmwrm
Discussion Mod
Discussion Mod

Post by hrmwrm » May 26th 2017 - 3:51 am

no, I'm too effin lazy and like auto login. and, no, i don't and won't use a password holder.
if i ever had problems, i'd probably change.
i don't use auto for my banking and email, etc. i use it for forums since it works. this is the only one i can't stay away from for more than 24 hrs without having to relogin.
not much of a security problem here to use it.
only if you're an idiot and keep personal info available here would you have a problem. or you use only 1 password for everything.
so don't tell me about security for a forum. it's not like anyone is getting into anything of mine by hacking this site. even stealing my password, good luck. it works only for my ed2k forums i visit.

I'm sure it's just a setting somewhere that can be easily changed. as i said, this is the only forum i go to like this. i've never been away long enough to find out what it is on other sites. week, months, whatever.
heart to be an atheist."

Steven Weinberg

drcoolmor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
P2P Clients: eMule
Azureus

Post by drcoolmor » May 26th 2017 - 4:48 am

sorry to tell u, but this was always a problem, with our site.

We use to have a game section that u could play games here. i would play a game for maybe 10 hours and when i was ready to register my high score, i would be kicked off and have to log back in and lose all of my score, and start all over again :sillyrant:
Life's a Bitch, then you die. :laugh:

hrmwrm
Discussion Mod
Discussion Mod

Post by hrmwrm » May 28th 2017 - 2:56 am

i have no problems if i return once within 24 hours. it only happens if i miss a day. i doubt the board has such a time dependent glitch, and is a setting within the board.

plus this place had more "security" by it's password requirements.
heart to be an atheist."

Steven Weinberg

carpe
The Sharing Sith
The Sharing Sith

Post by carpe » August 3rd 2017 - 4:22 pm

I'll take a look at the settings right now. if i cant change it do you still want to be removed as a moderator?

carpe
The Sharing Sith
The Sharing Sith

Post by carpe » August 3rd 2017 - 4:26 pm

session length has been increases from 9000 seconds to 84000 seconds. i dont see another setting that may help. If logging in is to....difficult for you just let me know

hrmwrm
Discussion Mod
Discussion Mod

Post by hrmwrm » August 4th 2017 - 6:50 am

it's been fine of late. thanks. I'll stay on for now too.
heart to be an atheist."

Steven Weinberg

Return to “The Headlines”