Microsoft suspends Windows 10 update, citing data loss reports

Dedicated to gaming, hardware and software discussions.
drcoolmor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
P2P Clients: eMule
Azureus

Microsoft suspends Windows 10 update, citing data loss reports

Post by drcoolmor » October 6th 2018 - 11:29 pm

A few day after making the latest version of Windows 10 available to users, Microsoft has suspended the update, citing multiple reports of user data loss.

“We have paused the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) for all users as we investigate isolated reports of users missing some files after updating,” the company writes on its support site.

The company opened up the latest version of the desktop/laptop operating system as part of its big Surface event earlier this week. While it hasn’t officially started pushing the update, some users who’ve downloaded the OS refresh have begun reporting the deletion of documents, photos and other info on a variety of different forums.

The company appears to still be investigating precisely what’s going on here — and how widespread the issue is. Plans to begin pushing it to users early next week are likely delayed until the company gets to the root of the issue. Meantime, if you were planning to install the update, it’s probably best to just wait this one out.

Since I installed this, event viewer does not work anymore and my bitcoin mining program crashes my PC!
Anyone else installed this 1809 update?
PS This not just an update like they say, since now I have a windows old which I did not have before!

dcyel
Le Freak
Le Freak
P2P Clients: eMule ZZUL

Re: Microsoft suspends Windows 10 update, citing data loss reports

Post by dcyel » October 6th 2018 - 11:36 pm

Seems like it is a complete overhaul with a backup for the updated parts then just like version 1803 was.

Return to “Games & Software Zone”