America a growing police state?

Xin's conspiracy forum, alternative history, sudo-science, philosophy, politics and many other interesting topics.

Moderator: Ingolf

Ingolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
P2P Clients: eMule Morph

Re: America a growing police state?

Post by Ingolf » August 8th 2013 - 4:33 am

Before he became the tax minister in Denmark, he was close to end his political course (curse if you will). Then he became tax minister back in '97(?). His smile changed to a frown, and then suddenly he was primeminister...
Made the rich, richer, put a spell on the middleclass, and boom the Danes went to war! When his term was over in Denmark, he became the secretary general of NATO. The Danish people are proud of him. I dont know why? Btw who is the General of NATO?
Human centipede? "Screw you, its my life?" What is going on here?

patrickmiami
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP
P2P Clients: MorphXT

Post by patrickmiami » August 10th 2013 - 5:34 am

[youtube][/youtube]

Ingolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ingolf » August 11th 2013 - 12:49 am

Lavabit, email service Snowden reportedly used, abruptly shuts down
Remember when word circulated that Edward Snowden was using Lavabit, an email service that purports to provide better privacy and security for users than popular web-based free services like Gmail? Lavabit's owner has shut down the service, and posted a message on the lavabit.com home page today about wanting to avoid "being complicit in crimes against the American people."

According to the statement, it appears he rejected a US court order to cooperate with the government in spying on users.

The email service offered various security features to a claimed user base of 350,000, and is the first such firm to have publicly and transparently closed down, rather than cooperate with state surveillance programs. The email address Snowden (or someone sending emails on his behalf) is reported to have used to send invites to a press conference at Moscow's Sheremetyevo Airport in mid-July was a Lavabit account.

Below, the full message from Lavabit's founder and operator Ladar Levison:
My Fellow Users,

I have been forced to make a difficult decision: to become complicit in crimes against the American people or walk away from nearly ten years of hard work by shutting down Lavabit. After significant soul searching, I have decided to suspend operations. I wish that I could legally share with you the events that led to my decision. I cannot. I feel you deserve to know what’s going on--the first amendment is supposed to guarantee me the freedom to speak out in situations like this. Unfortunately, Congress has passed laws that say otherwise. As things currently stand, I cannot share my experiences over the last six weeks, even though I have twice made the appropriate requests.

What’s going to happen now? We’ve already started preparing the paperwork needed to continue to fight for the Constitution in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. A favorable decision would allow me resurrect Lavabit as an American company.

This experience has taught me one very important lesson: without congressional action or a strong judicial precedent, I would _strongly_ recommend against anyone trusting their private data to a company with physical ties to the United States.

Sincerely,
Ladar Levison
Owner and Operator, Lavabit LLC

Defending the constitution is expensive! Help us by donating to the Lavabit Legal Defense Fund here.
source

America a growing policestate? Left speechless here :-(

patrickmiami
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP

Post by patrickmiami » August 17th 2013 - 10:29 pm

"What we’re doing here, and let’s not kid about it, we’re building a domestic army and we’re shrinking the military because the government is afraid of it’s own citizens"
A former member of the United States Marine Corps on Monday night voiced his serious concerns about the U.S. “building a domestic Army” during a local city council meeting in Concord, N.H. In his impassioned testimony, the retired Marine said he believes that the recent push for local police forces to bulk up on military-grade equipment is disturbing and represents a very real threat to Americans.

[youtube][/youtube]

A full transcript of what the former Marine said to the crowd reads:

We don’t need this.

I’m a retired… I was a retired Colonel in the Marine Corps.

I saw a sign hanging in the back that said we want “More Mayberry, Less Fallujah.”

I spent a year in Fallujah. You know what, when I first got there, I didn’t have armored Humvees.

I spent…I traveled over 10,000 miles over there. Sometimes you had to deal with and go with what you had. That’s part of the job, for one.

And second thing was… I was a Ministry of Defense Coordinator. Where job was to man, train and equip the Iraqi Army…and I can tell you right now…Somebody had the idea to get rid of the Iraqi Army…When we rebuilt it, we did everything we could to make it as strong as possible. And I’ll tell you right now, Homeland Security would kick their butts in a week.

What’s happening here is we’re building a domestic military because it’s unlawful and unconstitutional to use American troops on American soil. So what we’re doing is building a military.

My best friend, who is a SWAT officer in Nashua (NH), came to Iraq with me to train the Iraqi police, sent me a picture of him in the media, on the streets of Watertown, MASS, wearing the exact same combat gear we had in Iraq, only was a different color.

The way we do things in the military is called “task organization.” You take a command and then you attach units to it in order to accomplish the mission. What’s happening is, Homeland Security is pre-staging gear, equipment. What they’re trying to do is use standardized vehicles, standardized equipment.

I saw a picture in the Boston Globe during the Boston Marathon bombing, where there was a State police officer…actually there were two officers, they both had identical helmets, flak jackets, weapons, everything I wore in Iraq, only it was all blue. The officer on one side had a big patch that said Massachusetts State Police…the other officer next to him…his patch said Boston Police.

What we’re doing here, and let’s not kid about it, we’re building a domestic army and we’re shrinking the military because the government is afraid of it’s own citizens.

The last time more than 10 terrorists were in the same place at the same time was September 11th. And all these vehicles in the world wouldn’t have prevented it or helped anybody.

So I don’t know where we’re gonna use this many vehicles and this many troops. Concord is just one little cog in the wheel. We’re building an army over here and I can’t believe people aren’t seeing it.

Is everybody blind? (crowd erupts in applause – “thank you” is heard from someone close to the camera).

Full article here http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08 ... stic-army/

dcyel
Le Freak
Le Freak
P2P Clients: eMule ZZUL

Post by dcyel » August 17th 2013 - 11:07 pm

Ingolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ingolf » August 17th 2013 - 11:18 pm

Its amazing how some people just ignore facts. America a growing police state? Lets look at the facts:

Sentenced USA prisoners under jurisdiction of State and Federal correctional authorities, as a Percent of Population. 1925-2003. Does not include prisoners held in the custody of local jails, inmates out to court, and those in transit
Source: wiki

And that is not even counting the inmates in Guantanamo, or "secret jails" around the world - its disgusting!

The numbers speak for themselves:

US is the 24th in press freedom :hmm:
source

Put on top the NSA scandal of a "Stasi v2.0"... seriously ?
US Citizens: When are you going to clean up this mess?

patrickmiami
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP

Post by patrickmiami » August 24th 2013 - 1:53 am

"indefinite preemptive detention"

[youtube][/youtube]

hrmwrm

Post by hrmwrm » August 24th 2013 - 2:38 am

Ingolf wrote:Its amazing how some people just ignore facts. America a growing police state? Lets look at the facts:

Sentenced USA prisoners under jurisdiction of State and Federal correctional authorities, as a Percent of Population. 1925-2003. Does not include prisoners held in the custody of local jails, inmates out to court, and those in transit
Source: wiki

And that is not even counting the inmates in Guantanamo, or "secret jails" around the world - its disgusting!

The numbers speak for themselves:

US is the 24th in press freedom :hmm:
source

Put on top the NSA scandal of a "Stasi v2.0"... seriously ?
US Citizens: When are you going to clean up this mess?

well, when your jails are privately run corporations, more inmates = money, and buys lobbyists to get laws made to incarcerate more.
capitalism at it's finest.

Heckler
P2P Clients: eMule

Post by Heckler » August 24th 2013 - 8:36 pm

Quotes About Martial Law

Jesse Ventura
“I love my country, not my government.”
― Jesse Ventura

“Do not forget that the armed forces are the servants of the people. You do not make national policy; it is we, the civilians, who decide these issues and it is your duty to carry out these tasks with which you are entrusted.”
― Muhammad Ali Jinnah

“The people have realized that Martial Law is not law. A regime not established by law is devoid of the attribute to dispense law. A regime which puts in a bunker the highest law in the land does not have the moral authority to say that nobody is above the law.”
― Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, If I Am Assasinated

“A regime that can suspend or abrogate the constitution and run the country on its whims and caprice should be ashamed of bringing on its lips the word "law". It is like prescribing a punishment for adultery after raping the country. It is like saying that Holy Quran is suspended nobody can escape from the Hadees.”

“The sanction of force stands behind the medley of personal orders and regulations of Martial Law. The sanction of the people's consent stands behind the hierarchy of laws. In one situation, the population is regimented into acquiescence. In the other, the population voluntarily establishes a contract with Parliament. For this reason, one is called a regime and the other, a government. Martial law rests on the sanction of force and not on the sanction of law.”
How can one "Relax" if they were never "Lax" to begin with?

Ingolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ingolf » August 25th 2013 - 1:53 am

hrmwrm wrote: well, when your jails are privately run corporations, more inmates = money, and buys lobbyists to get laws made to incarcerate more.
capitalism at it's finest.
Couldn't put it in more fine words :jrc:

But its so sad, you are actually earning money on criminals .. there you have it folks. The more crime you have the more people in jail, and the more TPTB earn! Who cares, the stock go up.... :-(

Then you have you friends in the White House bringing in dope, to make many more criminals...

Who said that crime doesn't pay? :k:

patrickmiami
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP

Post by patrickmiami » August 28th 2013 - 9:57 am

Press Pool Laughs :lol1: :lol1: At Pathetic State Dept Responses

The State Department announced on Monday that no meetings in the Israeli-Palestinian talks had been canceled but could not confirm that a previously scheduled meeting happened. That and more bizarre answers frustrated the press pool during the daily press briefing. :-) a good :lol1:

this is the video http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video ... D=25089039

and TRANSCRIPT:

QUESTION: Yeah, I do. All right. So tell us what is going on or what happened or did not happen in Jericho today.
MS. HARF: Ah, okay.
QUESTION: Please.
MS. HARF: Yes. So I can assure you that no meetings have been canceled. I know there was some confusion about this.
QUESTION: Marie, let me just stop you right there.
MS. HARF: Yes.
QUESTION: That is not the question. My question is: Can you tell –
MS. HARF: I was going to get there.
QUESTION: Oh, you were? Okay, good.
MS. HARF: But it’s okay.
QUESTION: Go ahead.
MS. HARF: Do you want to ask it again?
QUESTION: No, no, no, no. Finish.
MS. HARF: Okay. As we’ve said repeatedly, we’re not going to read out or announce every meeting that happens in the Middle East peace process as they’re ongoing. I can assure you, contrary to some reports, that no meetings have been canceled. We’ve been clear that the two parties are engaged in serious and sustained negotiations.
QUESTION: All right. There was a meeting scheduled to take place today between the Israelis, Palestinians, and possibly with an American – with Americans present at some or all in Jericho. Did that meeting go ahead?
MS. HARF: As I said before, we’re not going to make announcements about every single meeting, but I can assure you that there have been no cancelations of meetings.
QUESTION: Does that mean that this meeting happened?
MS. HARF: I’m going to repeat the same line back to you, Matt.
QUESTION: I don’t –
MS. HARF: As we’ve repeatedly said, we’re not going to confirm every meeting that takes place. I’ve said that from the beginning. I know it’s frustrating for everyone that we’re not going to, but that’s where we’re going to be on this.
QUESTION: No, it’s not frustrating. I find it entertaining that you’re unable to give a straight answer –
MS. HARF: I just gave you a straight answer.
QUESTION: -- to whether a meeting took place. No, you didn’t.
MS. HARF: I’m not going to confirm whether or not it took place --
QUESTION: But no meeting –
MS. HARF: -- as we’ve said from the beginning.
QUESTION: -- has been canceled?
MS. HARF: Correct.
QUESTION: So that means that all scheduled meetings were going – will go ahead – have gone ahead?
MS. HARF: Correct.
QUESTION: Okay. And the meeting – there was a meeting scheduled for today in Jericho.
MS. HARF: Again, I’m not going to –
QUESTION: Is that correct?
MS. HARF: -- confirm every specific meeting that we have as part of this process.
QUESTION: But you just said that – it’s either yes – it has to be one or the other –
MS. HARF: It doesn’t.
QUESTION: -- because you said no meetings are being canceled, but you can’t say that it took place today?
MS. HARF: Correct. Yes.
QUESTION: So that’s –
MS. HARF: We are not going to confirm from this podium every single meeting or whether meetings happen. When there are misconceptions out there about whether something’s taken place or whether something’s been canceled, we will endeavor to clear those up as necessary.
QUESTION: But you’re not clearing it up. You’re making it even more confusing.
MS. HARF: Well, I’m sorry you feel that way. Again, we are not going to announce or confirm every meeting. We’re just not.
QUESTION: But you’ll deny a cancelation.
MS. HARF: That any meetings were canceled. Correct.
QUESTION: Right.
QUESTION: Was that postponed?
QUESTION: Do you --
QUESTION: Rescheduled?
MS. HARF: No, no – not postponed or canceled.
QUESTION: Look, I can appreciate the sensitivity of this and why --
MS. HARF: Mm-hmm.
QUESTION: -- you’re beating around the bush, but please don’t try and say that you’re making it clear when you’re making it unclear. You’re --
MS. HARF: I don’t understand what’s not clear about saying I’m not going to confirm every meeting. You can ask --
QUESTION: But you just said that no meetings have been canceled --
MS. HARF: Right.
QUESTION: -- but you can say that it took place.
MS. HARF: Yes.
QUESTION: So that means – what does that mean?
MS. HARF: It means that I’m not going to confirm when meetings took place. There were rumors --
QUESTION: Whatever.
QUESTION: It means --
MS. HARF: No, no, Elise, that’s not fair.
QUESTION: It means nothing.
MS. HARF: Look, when some – when there are press reports out there that a meeting’s been canceled, I’m going to say, generally speaking, no meetings have been canceled. I’m not going to stand here --
QUESTION: So if it wasn’t canceled, then it took place?
MS. HARF: I’m not going to stand here and tell you a meeting took place and when and where and who was involved. And that’s going to be the case for the rest of this nine months, people, so get ready for it, and you can keep asking the questions and you’re going to keep getting the same response.
QUESTION: So we should get accustomed to more confusing non-denials and denials?
MS. HARF: You should get accustomed to us not announcing when meetings are taking place necessarily in the ongoing Israeli-Palestinian peace process. Yes.
QUESTION: But if you’re going to clear up misconceptions, then just clear it up. Don’t --
MS. HARF: Okay.
QUESTION: -- say you’re going to clear it up and then not clear it up.
MS. HARF: I’ll take your advice onboard going forward.
QUESTION: In retrospect, was it a mistake to say that there would be a second meeting in Jericho when you announced the first one?
MS. HARF: No, not at all.
QUESTION: Oh? So – but then you can’t say if it actually happened or not? I might be able to be – I would be more sympathetic to your position or your case here if you hadn’t ever announced that the meeting in Jericho was going to happen, but you did. Okay?
MS. HARF: Right. And I don’t have anything --
QUESTION: So from going --
MS. HARF: -- to announce on it.
QUESTION: From now, going forward, if you don’t want to be caught in this verbal trapeze act that you’re involved in, don’t announce that there’s going to be a meeting in the first place and then say you can’t say that it – whether it happened or not.
MS. HARF: Again, we will announce – at times announce meetings when we feel it’s important to do so. And when we don’t, we will not announce every meeting.
QUESTION: So when things are going --
MS. HARF: And I’m not looking for your sympathy on this, either, Matt.
QUESTION: So when – okay. Well, that’s good because you don’t really have it. So the answer is that when the meeting – when things are going well, you’ll talk about it. But when they’re going bad, you’ll refuse to --
MS. HARF: I wouldn’t read anything --
QUESTION: -- you’ll refuse to talk about it.
MS. HARF: No, I think that’s a – I think that’s a leap in assumption that is in no way based up by any facts that you have.
QUESTION: Okay. :wink2:

27 Aug 2013, 8:16 AM PDT
http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video ... D=25089039

patrickmiami
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP

Post by patrickmiami » December 27th 2013 - 9:56 am

[youtube][/youtube]

Return to “The Xin-Files”