America a growing police state?

Xin's conspiracy forum, alternative history, sudo-science, philosophy, politics and many other interesting topics.

Moderator: Ingolf

patrickmiami
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP
P2P Clients: MorphXT

America a growing police state?

Post by patrickmiami » May 2nd 2013 - 6:22 am

I know this big "Boston title" sound only related to the bombing,
but the following video is in fact a eye opener to many other subjects,
and, One in particular; Do you think America could be a growing police state?

Ingolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
P2P Clients: eMule Morph

Re: America a growing police state?

Post by Ingolf » May 2nd 2013 - 2:36 pm

When one watches how the army approach one's street like this, it's very creepy, and in my book i would characterize it as an developing police state. Ever since the Patriot Act got real, it has only been getting worse.

This picture was all over the web a few days after the bombings.
Not the police, but the army looking for suspects... ANYONE is a suspect .. :-(

grayeagleca

Post by grayeagleca » May 2nd 2013 - 6:00 pm

Yea. even here in Canada, they are becoming an Army, with in.

drcoolmor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
P2P Clients: eMule
Azureus

Post by drcoolmor » May 2nd 2013 - 6:31 pm

George Orwell wrote a book in 1949, and every year we come a little closer to it.
I remember as a boy, bomb shelters signs on buildings and now we see terrorist signs on every newspaper.
We have let the government control us in the way we eat, work and one day even sleep.
I don't really think it's a police state, other than our government taking out freedom away from us. :-(

dukster64
The Sexy Vanilla Beast
The Sexy Vanilla Beast

Post by dukster64 » May 2nd 2013 - 9:14 pm

I understand the concerns about violation of individual rights etc...

But if I'm honest : If 2 bombers were on the run in my town, I'd want as big a police presence as possible

dcyel
Le Freak
Le Freak
P2P Clients: eMule ZZUL

Post by dcyel » May 2nd 2013 - 9:19 pm

Two years ago I said that the whole terrorist thing was a excuse to strip us from our basic rights and its getting worse day by day.

Not only stripping us of our rights but also stealing our well earned and already payed taxes on money.

patrickmiami
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP

Post by patrickmiami » May 2nd 2013 - 9:28 pm

Floridians Encouraged to Report Neighbors Who “Hate Government”
Just pickup from local news Palm Beach. Thursday, May 2, 2013

Florida House and Senate budget leaders have awarded Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw $1 million for a new violence prevention unit aimed at preventing tragedies like those in Newtown, Conn., and Aurora, Colo., from occurring on his turf.
Bradshaw plans to use the extra $1 million to launch “prevention intervention” units featuring specially trained deputies, mental health professionals and caseworkers. The teams will respond to citizen phone calls to a 24-hour hotline with a knock on the door and a referral to services, if needed.

The goal will be avoiding crime — and making sure law enforcement knows about potential powder kegs before tragedies occur, Bradshaw said. But the earmark, which is a one-time-only funding provision, provoked a debate Monday among mental health advocates and providers about the balance between civil liberties, privacy and protecting the public.
Bradshaw said his proposal is a first-of-its-kind in the nation, and he hopes it will become a model for the rest of the state like his gang prevention and pill-mill units.

“Every single incident, whether it’s Newtown, that movie theater, or the guy who spouts off at work and then goes home and kills his wife and two kids — in every single case, there were people who said they knew ahead of time that there was a problem,” Bradshaw said. “If the neighbor of the mom in Newtown had called somebody, this might have saved 25 kids’ lives.”

Bradshaw is readying a hotline and is planning public service announcements to encourage local citizens to report their neighbors, friends or family members if they fear they could harm themselves or others.

The goal won’t be to arrest troubled people but to get them help before there’s violence, Bradshaw said. As a side benefit, law enforcement will have needed information to keep a close eye on things.

“We want people to call us if the guy down the street says he hates the government, hates the mayor and he’s gonna shoot him,” Bradshaw said. “What does it hurt to have somebody knock on a door and ask, ‘Hey, is everything OK?’ ”

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news/new ... -un/nXbs4/

hrmwrm

Post by hrmwrm » May 2nd 2013 - 9:30 pm

grayeagleca wrote:Yea. even here in Canada, they are becoming an Army, with in.
where? :lol1:

patrickmiami
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP

Post by patrickmiami » May 3rd 2013 - 1:40 am

dukster64 wrote:I understand the concerns about violation of individual rights etc...

But if I'm honest : If 2 bombers were on the run in my town, I'd want as big a police presence as possible
i understand your fear, if all the TV were proclaiming The sibling suspects were Chechen brothers, apparently radical Muslims from Dagestan, a province in Russia that borders Chechnya. Tsarnaev, 19, of Cambridge, Mass., is believed to be armed and extremely dangerous, and authorities were telling people in much of Boston to remain indoors, i will be under my bed... :lol1:

or maybe not, because stories like this are becoming very popular recently on American TV... do you remember the ex-cop burned two month ago? Feb. 3 and Feb. 7, he was the target of the biggest manhunt in Los Angeles history. over 1500 troops and thousand more cops...

or, School shooting drill terrifies teachers http://news.msn.com/us/school-shooting- ... s-teachers 8 hr ago

or Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. oh sorry this one is a Hoax.... :lol1:

But this is not the subject. :dunno: watch the first video again and read the article from Ron paul (presidential candidate). I cannot give you my opinion.. all i can see is a Crowd holding up cell phones, head and shoulders

patrickmiami
Phantom VIP
Phantom VIP

Post by patrickmiami » May 5th 2013 - 1:35 am

Are all telephone calls recorded and accessible to the US government? :hmm:

A former FBI counterterrorism agent claims on CNN that this is the case

hrmwrm

Post by hrmwrm » May 5th 2013 - 1:40 am

Are all telephone calls recorded and accessible to the US government?
if you're in their radar, yes. all emails, phone calls, texts, etc, can be intercepted. george bush first took away that freedom of privacy, and then obama never gave it back.

Ingolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
P2P Clients: eMule Morph

Post by Ingolf » May 9th 2013 - 4:30 pm

I guess all calls are stored somewhere, at least for a few years.

Did you know that they can even eavesdrop on a powered off cellphone?
FBI taps cell phone mic as eavesdropping tool
The FBI appears to have begun using a novel form of electronic surveillance in criminal investigations: remotely activating a mobile phone's microphone and using it to eavesdrop on nearby conversations.

The technique is called a "roving bug," and was approved by top U.S. Department of Justice officials for use against members of a New York organized crime family who were wary of conventional surveillance techniques such as tailing a suspect or wiretapping him.

Nextel cell phones owned by two alleged mobsters, John Ardito and his attorney Peter Peluso, were used by the FBI to listen in on nearby conversations. The FBI views Ardito as one of the most powerful men in the Genovese family, a major part of the national Mafia.

The surveillance technique came to light in an opinion published this week by U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan. He ruled that the "roving bug" was legal because federal wiretapping law is broad enough to permit eavesdropping even of conversations that take place near a suspect's cell phone.

Kaplan's opinion said that the eavesdropping technique "functioned whether the phone was powered on or off." Some handsets can't be fully powered down without removing the battery; for instance, some Nokia models will wake up when turned off if an alarm is set.
full article

Return to “The Xin-Files”