DVDStyler 3.0.2

Audio and Video freeware
0xA110C
P2P Clients: aMule

DVDStyler 3.0.2

Post by 0xA110C » December 22nd 2016 - 12:13 am

DVDStyler 3.0.2

DVDStyler is a cross-platform free DVD authoring application that makes possible for video enthusiasts to create professional-looking DVDs. It is Free software distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).

About
DVDStyler is a cross-platform free DVD authoring application for the creation of professional-looking DVDs. It allows not only burning of video files on DVD that can be played practically on any standalone DVD player, but also creation of individually designed DVD menus. It is Open Source Software and is completely free.

Features
  • create and burn DVD video with interactive menus
  • design your own DVD menu or select one from the list of ready to use menu templates
  • create photo slideshow
  • add multiple subtitle and audio tracks
  • support of AVI, MOV, MP4, MPEG, OGG, WMV and other file formats
  • support of MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, XviD, MP2, MP3, AC-3 and other audio and video formats
  • support of multi-core processor
  • use MPEG and VOB files without reencoding, see FAQ
  • put files with different audio/video format on one DVD (support of titleset)
  • user-friendly interface with support of drag & drop
  • flexible menu creation on the basis of scalable vector graphic
  • import of image file for background
  • place buttons, text, images and other graphic objects anywhere on the menu screen
  • change the font/color and other parameters of buttons and graphic objects
  • scale any button or graphic object
  • copy any menu object or whole menu
  • customize navigation using DVD scripting
http://www.dvdstyler.org/en/

I will not distribute these files before I have tested them myself (not Windows user), as there are reports of bundled software/adware.

On fosshub it does have an explicit disclaimer that the downloads does not contain bundled software/adware, but I'm not going to share the files before I have a chance to check it out.

https://www.fosshub.com/DVDStyler.html

It's an excellent program, but apparently the developers tried to make an extra buck of Windows users, through optional bundled software in the installer.
Last edited by 0xA110C on December 22nd 2016 - 2:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
I don't need your instawebs I'm on IRC. irc.station51.net/phantom

drcoolmor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
P2P Clients: eMule
Azureus

Re: DVDStyler 3.0.2

Post by drcoolmor » December 22nd 2016 - 12:52 am

Note:be careful with this...someone posted
The installer prompts you to install incredibar, with the default options set to hijack the start page and search of multiple browsers. Even if you DO NOT choose to install incredibar, it installs the spyware program Sweet IM, which also hijacks your browsers' start page and search. The actual program is quite fantastic, and I would recommend it to everyone looking to make their own DVDs. It's just a shame the makers decided to bundle malicious software. PSA: Don't download the main installer (DVDStyler-2.3-win32.exe). Instead, click 'files' above, dvdstyler > 2.3 > DVDStylerPortable-2.3-win32.exe. The portable version doesn't have any spyware or anything else malicious

Portable version can be download at Sourceforge
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dvdsty ... ler/3.0.2/

0xA110C
P2P Clients: aMule

Post by 0xA110C » December 22nd 2016 - 1:37 am

I've removed the links, I'm not going to distribute their installers if they include optional adware.

It's still a nice program, but I guess you'll have to compile it yourself if you are a Windows or Mac user ;)
I don't need your instawebs I'm on IRC. irc.station51.net/phantom

drcoolmor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
P2P Clients: eMule
Azureus

Post by drcoolmor » December 22nd 2016 - 1:56 am

another comment:
Changes to DVDStyler 3.0.2:

- fixed using of transcoding cache after restarting of DVDStyler

IMPORTANT!
- DVDStyler installer is bundled with "IncrediBar Toolbar". However, you may continue the installation process without installing it.
:hippy:

Return to “Audio/Video Freeware”